Friday, October 8, 2010

un virgule cinc

I realize that I have skipped a fundamental aspect of this ‘blog’ business – what the heck I’m doing*. I wouldn’t just blog about my everyday life, after all. For those of you that might not know, I’m going to be living in Nantes, France for the next seven months, assisting in several classrooms of 7-10 year old kids to help them practice English. Now don’t ask me specifics, cause that is literally the extent of my knowledge. This program is through the French government, and I highly encourage anyone who has taken at least 3 semesters of French (or Spanish or German) and is under 35 to apply to some such program. As far as I can tell it’s not too hard to get in, and it really is a great opportunity. And if you’re concerned about your language level, I think they actually prefer you to be less competent, so the kidlets can’t cheat and speak the local tongue with you.  So anyhow, France is paying me a bit a month to do 12 hours of ‘work’ a week, and the rest of my time is why I have a blog. If the host family bit confused you, I’ll be staying in Angers (where I studied two years ago) with my host family from said study session for a week before I head down to Nantes, where I will be living on my own, and that’s an entirely different story.


*also from September 24th

No comments:

Post a Comment